Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Greetings from Bali - Last night at Nusa Dua Beach

What an eventful 2 days it has been in Nusa Dua! Yesterday I got to experience the Bahtik-making process! I even got a chance to make my own pattern! The Bahtik process consists of drawing a pattern on fabric with a manual wax-like ink. Bahtik patterns are used for sarongs and sashes for use as formal temple-wear.  The textiles in Bali are so unique and most fabrics are made through an extensive dyeing, knitting or drawing process.  The history behind the Balinese textiles is so meaningful, and the sarongs are used as a way to mark milestones throughout one's life. I'll share more on this later! 

Check out my super-cool Bahtik pattern (lol!) the patience and focus it takes to make this and not make a mess is insane!




We also had dinner at Jimbaran Bay while watching the sunset. It was AMAZING!


Tomorrow we head to the mountains to Ubud! So excited!
Xo
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. I love your Bahtik pattern and the beautiful photos!! Keep posting! We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my love! Miss you guys so much! We need to bahbq when I get back! :) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete